Wednesday, April 24, 2013

SEE Brainstorming


The easiest assignment I felt this semester was essay #3. I found throughout the semester leading up to that essay, I had successfully learned how to create a strong piece of writing. As I started writing this year, I noticed that my writing skills had been a little rusty. My flow and organization was completely off and I did not know how to successfully create a quality essay. Through learning lessons, peer reviewing and having the option to re write, I have learned an incredible amount. That is why I think essay #3 was the easiest piece to write due to my new knowledge I had obtained from the beginning of the course.
My writing has improved in many different ways throughout this course. I had not taken an English class last semester and my writing had become weak. Throughout this course I have improved on many things. The biggest improvement in my opinion was my organization. One thing I do differently than before is fully organizing my paper and planning it out before I begin writing. This I have found extremely helpful because in the past I have written many pieces with no organization what so ever. I quickly noticed that when I have a set organized plan, my paper becomes easier to write. Another thing I improved on was the usage of pathos, ethos and logos. At the beginning of the course I had not a clue what these things meant. Sitting here, I can confidently explain what each means and give examples. By knowing these modes of persuasion, they have helped me write a better paper.
I can say myself I am not the same thinker. I look at assignments and even things such as advertisements in a completely different way. I find myself looking more in depth and trying to get the most of the assignments being given. By doing this I not only have an easier time writing about it but I also grow a deeper understanding. As we wrote our advertisement essay, it opened my eyes to the true meaning and messages advertisements portray. I find myself watching television or reading magazines and looking more into the advertisement and commercials then I did before. It’s actually quite interesting to see how these company’s sell their products and what modes of persuasion they use.

No comments:

Post a Comment